Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video, visit a specific page, or view and interact with our ads or distributed content. This information includes:
- Device informationWe collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers). We may associate your device identifiers or other data with your Account.
- Location informationWhen you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address and other methods.
- Cookies and similar technologiesWe and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our site, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or features that may appear on other sites.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect our website and our users.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If our information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of our organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consentWe will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TrendLogic when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasonsWe will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TrendLogic if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect TrendLogic and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities